Should You Stock Grilling Planks?
According to the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association (HPBA), more than 75 percent of all U.S. households include an outdoor grill or smoker. And most people use them year-round.
Consumers are spending more and more of their cooking and entertaining time around the grill, which means more Americans are using grilling planks than ever before.
U.S. retail sales in the grilling category are projected to have steady growth.
Outdoor Kitchens Trend:
”Tricked out” patio spaces, geared towards entertaining, have been major features in new construction as part of the green living trend expands.
Seafood Market Trends:
- Salmon is the most common protein used on Cedar Grilling Planks.
- Americans eat 600,000 metric tons of Salmon per year.
- The Salmon is the 3rd most consumed seafood.
- The Salmon industry has experienced consistent growth for the past 25 years.
- A growing body of scientific research indicates that Omega-3 Fatty Acids help prevent a wide range of medical problems, including cardiovascular disease.
- The number of consumers globally who are aware of Omega-3 fatty acids is estimated to double in the next 5 years.
- Salmon is know to be an excellent sources of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Smoking: From fine dining to roadside barbecue, smoked foods have exploded onto American menus.