Maple wood is the classic pairing for pork. Its subtle sweetness adds the perfect hint of flavor without being overpowering, so for this recipe we chose to do some simple toppings for extra-thick pork chops. These maple planked pork chops are the perfect meal for two.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Wildwood Grilling 5x11″ Maple Plank
- 2 Pork Chops
- 2 Mushrooms, medium-sized
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 Scallion
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Tip: When serving, add extra parsley and scallions to the pork chop for beautiful presentation.
- Soak the Maple plank in warm water for 20 minutes to 1 hour, making sure it is submerged.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F.
- Wash and trim mushrooms, scallions and parsley.
- Place pork chops on wet plank and season with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Top with sliced mushrooms, scallions and chopped parsley.
- Add plank to preheated grill or oven and close the lid. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until pork is done.
- When done, remove from grill or oven and serve. Enjoy!