1 high quality Brie wheel (lower quality cheeses have high oil contents and they will melt too fast)
1 lb. fruit of your choice (for this recipe we used fresh figs)
1 tbs brown sugar
2 c. white wine
1/4 c. hazelnuts
Fresh sage, minced
Thin slices of baguette, toasted
1. Soak cedar plank for at least one hour.
2. First, half the figs and remove the pits.
3. In a medium saucepan place the figs, the brown sugar, and 1 cup of white wine.
4. Pour the other cup of wine in your favorite wine glass and enjoy while occasionally stirring fig mixture.
5. Preheat grill to 450ºF.
6. Place plank on the grill until is starts smoking.
7. After the fig and wine mixture cooks down to a thick jam consistency add hazelnuts.
8. Gently set the Brie wheel on the plank without breaching its outer coating.
9. Spoon the fig mixture onto the Brie wheel.
10. Once the Brie wheel begins to melt, immediately remove from heat and serve with tasted baguette slices.
Welcome to Your Weekend!
Photo Credit: Ryan Zimmer Photography